Navigation: Clients > Email
You need to have completed section 11-1 Send Welcome Email before you begin
To understand your client's experience of booking through the client portal, it is a good practice during your training to log in "as Linda" and book a service through the portal so you can see how it works from the client's point of view, but also how the booking is notified to you in your software, which we will look at in Step 11-3 Manage Online Bookings.
Step 1: As a Client, How do I Book a Service Online?
Tammy's client, Linda, needs to book a dog walk for Wednesday next week through the client portal.
Firstly, you will need to log in to the client portal as "Linda".
1. Type in your own email address that you used in 11-1 Send Welcome Email, eg. "email@example.com" and enter your password, eg. "test". Click "Login".
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
Make an Online Booking
You will now be logged into "Linda's" account in the client portal.
2. Click the "Schedule" tab. We will request a dog walk for July 3. Click the button "Request Services" at the top right of the screen.
3. Click the date(s) of all the services you want to book. In this case it is just "July 3". You will see the "dates selected" displayed in a list under the calendar.
4. Choose the service from the dropdown under "Service Item" called "Group walk 1 dog, 30 mins". Here, you could also choose a different time than the default one showing, or add a note to the sitter on your request. However, in our tutorial we will simply choose the dog walk.
5. Click the button "Add To Request".
6. Your requested booking appears in the "Awaiting Submission" area above the calendar.
7. Click the "Submit Now" button to send your online booking request to Dogz and Catz Pet Sitting.
NOTE: You MUST click the "Submit Now" button to send your online booking request. Otherwise it will sit in the client portal awaiting submission.
8. Your screen will display a message to confirm that your requested online booking has been sent successfully. Should you wish to, you can also request more services from here.
Go to your email inbox to see if an email has arrived from Dogz and Catz Pet Sitting.
9. You should have received an automatic email notification confirming receipt of your request. A copy of this email is sent to Dogz and Catz Pet Sitting.
NOTE: the confirmation note states that your online booking is a "request" only and another email will confirm if the services have been accepted.
This tutorial demonstrates how a client might make an online booking through the client portal within Pet Sitter Plus. To gain a greater understanding of the options available when you are ready to learn more, you can take a look at the Help pages for the Client Portal and How do I enable my Clients to Book Online through the Portal?
Congratulations! You have completed this stage.
To move forward to the next step, click the link below and then choose the next step: